With its dramatic landscapes, ever-evolving cultural life, wellness, food and wine experiences, regional Victoria is the ideal place to go wandering.
Visit Victoria has launched a major destination marketing campaign, Wander Victoria, to promote regional Victoria. The new campaign aims to inspire Victorians – particularly Melburnians – to take time out to rediscover and reconnect with Victoria’s regions, advocating the simple pleasures and benefits of wandering through the diverse natural settings and experiences the State has to offer.
The fully integrated campaign includes a new advertisement in durations of 2 minutes, 90, 60, 30 and 15 seconds to be shown across television in metro Melbourne, cinema throughout Victoria and border towns, and digital activity across a broad range of online and social platforms and a dedicated wandervictoria.com website that is housed within visitvictoria.com
All of Victoria’s 11 regions are featured in the campaign and the Regional Tourism Boards in conjunction with industry are participating in a dedicated cooperative marketing program with key media including: The Urban List, Broadsheet, Time Out, the Herald Sun and RACV/Royal Auto. Visit Victoria is also working with key travel partners including Stayz to drive conversion.
Visit Victoria encourages operators to get involved in the campaign by:
- Working with your relevant Regional Tourism Board
- List your business on visitvictoria.com click here
- Develop a deal or offer on visitvictoria.com
- Use #wandervictoria and #wellbeingregion when posting content to social media and encourage your visitors to do the same
NEXT PHASE OPPORTUNITY:
CALLING ALL ACCOMMODATION OPERATORS.
Visit Victoria is partnering with Stayz.com and Wotif.com to help drive bookings to regional Victoria in the lead up to the 2017 Winter period.
This promotion is running from early May to early June 2017 for travel until 31 August 2017.
Campaign activity includes:
• A range of deals/offers available on Victoria section landing pages and search result pages
• Digital advertising across the sites and broader Expedia group including the homepage
• Dedicated eDM’s to Victorian consumers with content, deals and events features across the period.
• Social media activity across Facebook
• Search engine marketing activity to support optimisation
• Third party advertising to drive traffic to the sites
Additionally, the campaign is supported by Visit Victoria’s campaign – Wander Victoria. This campaign includes advertising across all media channels over this period, including Television, digital, social and public relations activity.
It’s FREE to list your property with Stayz.com and Wotif.com, so if you have done so already, we invite you to take advantage of this campaign exposure and follow the below steps.
• Stayz.com: Go to stayz.com.au click the “list your property” button in the top right-hand corner and follow the instructions.
• Wotif.com: Go to wotif.com and scroll down to “Partner Services” towards the bottom of the homepage and click “add your Hotel” – then follow the instructions from there.
To provide an offer/deal:
• Stayz.com: list your property and respond to the eDM that will be sent to you directly through Stayz.com
• Wotif.com: contact Kurt Ebert on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure the Visit Victoria campaign is referenced. Some operators may also be contacted directly by wotif team to offer a deal.
The “Making Of” Wander Victoria
Have a look at the two 15 second commercials shot in our region and the 2 minute film.
Wander Victoria | Sweet tooth – Lancefield Farmers Market
Wander Victoria | Purple patch – Lavandula
Wander Victoria | Film