[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” hover_type=”none” link=”” border_position=”all” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” class=”” id=”” min_height=””][fusion_imageframe image_id=”10053″ style_type=”none” stylecolor=”” hover_type=”none” bordersize=”” bordercolor=”” borderradius=”” align=”none” lightbox=”no” gallery_id=”” lightbox_image=”” alt=”” link=”” linktarget=”_self” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_direction=”left” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_offset=””]https://dmrtourism.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/3aabc58c-0579-4810-9d11-5f9876dffbf6.png[/fusion_imageframe][fusion_separator style_type=”none” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” sep_color=”” top_margin=”10″ bottom_margin=”10″ border_size=”0″ icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” /][fusion_text]
Let’s hope that this 6+ weeks of restrictions does the job of eliminating this damn virus from the community. If we’re going to lock down, let’s do it properly. A ‘stop/start’ approach to reopening is, in many ways, more challenging than one extended ‘hard lockdown’.
Anyway, I’m not going down any political rabbit holes, so let’s deal with what we have in front of us. For many, that’s another multi-week period of reduced or zero income. Of course, business support packages are still out there, and the Business Support Fund has been extended.
Our thoughts are with you all. Don’t hesitate to get in touch. Read on for the latest news.
Summary of changes in regional Victoria
From 11:59 pm on Wednesday, regional Victoria will return to Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions. That means there will again only be four reasons to be out:
- Shopping for food and essential items. Care and caregiving. Daily exercise. Work and study – if you can’t do it from home.
Businesses in regional Victoria will also return to Stage 3 restrictions.
- Restaurants and cafes can only offer delivery and takeaway.
- Beauty and personal services will need to close.
- Entertainment and cultural venues will need to close.
- Community sport will need to stop.
- Face coverings will continue to be compulsory.
- For those businesses that suffer significant losses or need to close as a result of the current restrictions, support will be provided through the expanded Business Support Fund.
- Businesses in regional Victoria can apply for a $5,000 grant.
- And for those businesses and industries that fall into grey areas when it comes to their operation, the dedicated Industry Coordination Centre within the Department of Jobs, Precincts, and Regions will consider their case.
To obtain further advice on the points above, The Business Victoria coronavirus hotline (13 22 15) and DHHS hotline (1800 675 398) remain the key channels for Victorian businesses. The Business Victoria website has also been updated with information on creating a COVID Safe workplace – what employers need to know, including employer obligations information, fact sheets, and more.
Having said all this, if you’re finding it hard to navigate, give me a call on 0419 574 813…at least I’ll be able to put you onto someone directly who can help you.
A range of assistance is available from the Australian and Victorian governments and other entities to support businesses impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19). This finder will ask you a series of questions to help you find the assistance available to you based on your circumstances.
VTIC insight series
These are great. VTIC, the tourism industry council in Victoria, have really stood up and worked hard for us all. We have mentioned several times that VTIC is offering free membership. Their insight series is aptly named. The next session is on finance management. You’ll learn:
- Practices that you can put in place to help you hibernate your business
- Ways to restructure your business, managing cash flow and staff
- What support, tools and resources are available through financial institutions
- Register here.
OK, that’s it for now. In this ever-changing world, no doubt you’ll hear from me again. Hopefully not too soon.
Steve and the DMT Team