Dear all,

I daresay you have heard of the Regional Travel Vouchers Program.  This is a State Government initiative, to drive travel demand into regional Victoria.  It is designed to be very simple, with no onus on operators, other than the need to provide receipts.  You may receive questions from people, so we’ve tried to distil the facts into a list.  In a nutshell:

Things you can claim against:
Paid accommodation, which means serviced apartments, backpacker and hostels, bed and breakfasts, cabins or caravans in holiday parks, caravan and camping site fees, cottages, farm stays, private holiday rentals, houseboats, motels, hotels, resorts, retreats, and lodges

Paid tours and experiences, which means tour operators that offer regularly organised tours with a leisure-tourism focus, organised by experienced guides. These may include a personal host and/or commentary. For example, a boat cruise, guided walk, bus tour, air tour, agri-tourism, food and wine tour, sport tour, outdoor and adventure tour

Entry fees to regional attractions, which means places/areas of interest that offer a distinct visitor experience to the leisure tourist such as museums, water parks, local attractions, theme parks etc.

There’s an FAQ page here and a hotline 13 22 15 if anyone has any questions.

The other hotline is my mobile 0419 574 813…for you not your customers.


Steve and the DMT Team