The new year has well and truly kicked off, with plenty of marketing activities already underway. We also have various upcoming opportunities over the coming months – which our partners can take advantage of. Here’s a snapshot:
- Our inaugural Eat + Drink guide for the region is out now. It will be inserted in the March edition of delicious. mag – due to hit newsstands in mid-Feb.
- Our 2023 Visitor Guide lands this week.
- Work is well underway on the autumn / winter edition of Daylesford Life Magazine. See below what editorial and advertising opportunities exist.
- In exciting news, we are partnering with Australian Traveller for our next competition – reaching a broad national audience.
- We have locked in story lines for our content partnerships with Time Out Melbourne and One Hour Out. Read below to see if these align with your business.
- Work has commenced on the next edition of our Tasty Little Touring Map.
- We continue to see positive growth across our social channels and along with a steady increase in our database audience.
Read about all of this and more below.
The DMT team
LATEST GROWTH, REACH AND ENGAGEMENT
EAT & DRINK GUIDE
Our inaugural Eat + Drink Guide is out now! If you haven’t yet spotted a copy in the region, drop by the office and grab a copy, or pick one up from one of the local Visitor Centres.
As well as being distributed widely locally – our main distribution partner for the Eat & Drink guide is delicious. magazine. The guide was scheduled to be inserted in all Victorian copies of the February edition of the magazine (which came out in mid-Jan). Due to a slight hiccup on the mailing side (completely out of our control) – the guide was inserted in a mix of Victorian and interstate editions of the mag. On the positive side – this means the guide has reached an interstate audience – however it did mean that not all Victorian copies had the guide inserted within them.
The team at delicious. have apologised profusely for this error and have committed to inserting the guide in all Victorian copies of the March edition of the mag (due out mid-Feb). This is great news for us as it means we are getting double bang for our buck – with more copies of the guide landing in the hands of our target audience!
DAYLESFORD MACEDON LIFE MAGAZINE
We have limited advertising spots left in the upcoming autumn/ winter magazine. Don’t miss your chance for your business to been seen by over 1million + readers! The following opportunities still exist:
- 8 x Business Listings
- 1 x 1/2 pages
- 2 x Advertorials
- 2 x full page Ads
- 25 March – 42,000 copies in The Weekend Australian – readership is audited by Roy Morgan in excess of 600,000
- 26 March – 89,000 copies in The Sunday Age – readership is audited by Roy Morgan in excess of 500,000
- The remaining copies are distributed widely throughout areas where our target audience live, this includes drops to over 800 cafés via Mr Moto in inner-suburban Melbourne and Geelong. We also distribute widely throughout Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges, Ballarat and Bendigo regions.
Want to get even more exposure? We are excited to share that we are partnering with Australian Traveller for our upcoming COMPETITION in our magazine.
The cost to be involved is $750 + a prize. We only have 10 spaces available, so be quick!
Australian Traveller will promote the event via EDM inclusions, social posts and on their website – reaching a broad national audience. This is in addition to DMT promoting the competition through all of our usual channels (magazine, EDMs + social posts). As an added bonus, you’ll also have the list of entrants shared with you – helping to grow your own database.
Australian Traveller stats:
- Social channels – 155,000 followers
- Website – 330,000 monthly UV’s (AU’s largest domestic-only travel content website)
- eDM newsletter – 78,000 subscribers
WHAT WE NEED
- 1 x luxury accommodation option
- Food options – breakfast, lunch & dinner
- Experiences – such as retail vouchers, tours and spa treatments.
Get in touch with Annissa ASAP if you would like to be part of this competition.
EDITORIAL CALL OUT
The editorial content for the autumn / winter edition of DML mag is well underway. We are currently working the following stories – if your business, or a business you know, fits the bill – please get in touch with our editor, Madeleine.
- Accommodation feature – venues with a spa / jacuzzi or hot tub
- Facials – a guide to the best facials in the region
- Pie trail – a guide to where to buy the best pies in the region
- Autumn / winter events – list of events happening from Apr-Sep
- What’s new – a summary of new openings, new offerings, etc.
Get in touch with our editor Madeleine if you have any ideas to share.
TASTY LITTLE TOURING MAP
Work has commenced on the 2023 edition of the Tasty Little Touring Map. Spots are very limited – businesses already on the map get first preference. If you aren’t on the map, share an expression of interest now.
The ‘map sponsor’ is also up for grabs. If you’re interested in this exclusive opportunity, get in touch with Annissa ASAP.
We are in the process of locking in the storylines for our upcoming content partnerships. Following the expressions of interested we have already received from partners, along discussions with the editors at both Time Out and One Hour Out – we are looking at rolling out content pieces as outlined below.
Get in touch ASAP with Annissa if you’re interested in being part of any of these opportunities. They are a great way to reach a broad and engaged audience.
Time Out Melbourne
- A guide to the best craft brewers in the region
- The coolest / quirkiest places to stay in the region
A bite-size video will be shot by the Time Out team to accompany each list – this video will be shared on Time Out’s Instagram account, driving their followers back to the superlist on the Time Out Melbourne website.
Included in the package is the following:
- 1 x Superlist featuring 5-6 partners – see sample here
- 1 x Bite-size video featuring 5-6 partners – shared via an Instagram reel on Time Out Melbourne’s Instagram account
- 1 x Sponsored Facebook advertising promoting the Superlist on Time Out Melbourne’s Facebook page
- 1 x Inclusion of the Superlist in the Time Out Melbourne EDM
- 1-week homepage content placement on the Time Out Melbourne website
Cost to be involved: $2335 ex GST (based on 6 partners buying in).
One Hour Out
- Boutique wineries – where you can meet the winemaker
- Daylesford food guide – the best food options you may not be aware of
These content pieces will be presented in an itinerary format – following a trail around the region. Included in the package is the following:
- 1 x Interactive itinerary showcasing 6 x partners
- 1 x Short-form video featuring all partners – shared as an Instagram reel on OHO’s Instagram page
- 1 x itinerary inclusion in OHO’s EDM
- 1-week homepage content placement for the itinerary on the OHO website
Cost to be involved: $1165 ex GST (based on 6 partners buying in).
2023 VISITOR GUIDE
Our smart looking new 2023 Visitor Guide is due to land in the office this week. View a copy the new guide HERE. Or, to place an order for copies, click on the tab below.
EDM’s (Electronic Direct Mail)
We have 2 x solus EDM’s (Electronic Direct Mail) opportunities up for grabs (April and May). These newsletters, which are sent to our consumer database of 78k are all about your business. We write the intro, as trusted experts in the region – then you provide the copy of what information you want to share about your business, be that news, deals, events, etc.
We also have 5 spots left in our February and March monthly consumer EDM’s. This is where you are featured alongside other businesses and inspirational stories about the region. The open rate for our electronic newsletters (EDMs) is 33%.
Get in touch with Annissa to lock in a spot.
GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM AUDIENCE
Are you interested in growing your Instagram audience? If yes, then consider our next TAG & FOLLOW COMPETITION. The cost is $500 + a prize offer for two people to the value of $200 or more.
Your prize will be packaged with two other partners and followers will be asked to follow each business and tag a friend to enter the giveaway. Get in touch with Sharon, our Digital Marketing Manager to find out more.