The past three months have certainly been busy for our small team here at DMT. We were excited to see the latest edition of Daylesford Macedon Life magazine land in our office this week. We want to thank all the businesses that contributed to its undoubted success. We love it when you share content ideas, send recipes, and professional images for us to use, it really makes a difference and also helps us promote your business. We have a little thank you for all of our partners who advertised in this edition (further details included below).
What’s next for us? We are now feverishly working on the second edition of our Eat & Drink Guide and the 2024 Visitor Guide. We also have a free opportunity for partners who have Festive Season specials to share.
Below is a wrap-up of what’s been happening and what’s on the horizon for us:
- Daylesford Macedon Life magazine will be distributed in the Australian Financial Review and The Sunday Age this weekend – don’t forget to grab your copy.
- We will be delivering the magazine over the coming weeks throughout the region. If you require copies sooner, please drop past the office or email Cath at .
- The second edition of our Eat & Drink Guide is progressing well and is now open to all partners for advertising.
- We’ve had some great PR wins – including articles in The Weekend Australian, Herald Sun, The Canberra Times and Explore Travel. Details below.
- We have spots available in our October, November and December Consumer Electronic Direct Mail (EDM).
- Our October, December and January Solus EDMs are available to book. November has sold out.
- Please keep an eye out for an email from Cath about the 2024 Visitor Guide with your business listing or advertisement from last year to review. If you’re not currently in the guide and would like to be featured, get in touch.
- We will be sending a Festive Season Guide to our database in mid-November – find out more below if you have something you would like to share with our database.
- We are always hunting for new images to use across our marketing collateral and social platforms. If you have any new photos of your business that you would be happy for us to use, please email . Make sure you share details of who needs to be credited for the images.
The DMT team
DAYLESFORD MACEDON LIFE MAGAZINE
The spring/summer edition of Daylesford Macedon Life magazine has landed in our office. You can get yourself a copy in the Australian Financial Review (Saturday 7 October) or in The Sunday Age (Sunday 8 October). We also have plenty of copies in the office, so feel free to pop in and grab some. The change in distribution for this edition will allow us to reach NSW, SA and QLD in addition to VIC. Make sure you pick up a copy and be sure to tag us when you share it on your socials.We will be delivering this edition in the coming weeks to all Visitor Information Centres and locally to businesses, if you would like copies please contact Cath in our office.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU
Without all of our amazing advertisers, this magazine wouldn’t happen. We know times are tough and your contribution to making sure this magazine was printed and distributed is hugely appreciated. As a thank you to all of our advertisers, we will be creating social media content (video reels) focusing on those businesses that supported us. These reels will be filmed over the coming months and pushed out via our Instagram (25k followers) and Facebook (55k followers) pages. If you have any questions please get in touch with Annissa, otherwise, we will be in touch to organise a filming date soon.
EAT + DRINK GUIDE
Work is underway on the second edition of our Eat + Drink Guide. This beautifully curated guide takes visitors on a gastronomic journey, helping them plot out a culinary adventure around Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges. This year we increased the number of pages to allow for more editorial and more businesses to advertise.
Thanks to all that have re-booked your advertising place – we still have the following advertising available:
- Half pages
- Full pages
- 1 x Double Page Spread
- 1 x Inside Back Cover
We are excited to share the news that we are partnering with the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival to distribute the guide this year. During the Festival in March 2024, it will be distributed at Federation Square and the World’s Longest Brunch. Melbourne Food & Wine will also share it online with their audience.
We’ve had some great PR wins over the past couple of months, with various businesses across the region appearing in print and online.
- Kyneton was the focus of a story that appeared in Explore Travel last weekend. The article was written by Carrie Hutchinson who visited Kyneton as part of a DMT-organised famil in July. The article appeared in both print and online. Read it here.
- Kyneton and the wider Macedon Ranges was also the feature of a story in The Canberra Times in early September. The article was written by Michael Turtle who visited as part of a Visit Victoria famil. Read it here.
- A feature story on Mount Monument appeared in The Weekend Australian in late July. The article was written by Patricia Maunder who visited as part of a DMT-organised famil in March.
- Multiple Daylesford-based businesses and events were included in a regional Victoria travel feature that ran in the Vic Weekend supplement in the Herald Sun in mid-August.
EDM’s (Electronic Direct Mail)
Are you looking for a cost-effective way to market your business? Check-out our consumer EDMs are sent on the last Thursday of the month to our database of 64k+.
- The cost is $250 ex GST
- July EXAMPLE for reference.
- Average Open Rate 33%
- Submission FORM to complete if interested – October, November & December are available to book
We also have Solus EDMs available…these are entirely dedicated to your business. We write the intro, as trusted experts in the region, and then you provide the details of what information you want to share about your business, be that news, deals, events, etc. Let us tell your story from a local’s perspective.
- The cost is $1500 ex GST
- This is an EXAMPLE of great content (provided by the partner)
- This is the submission FORM to complete if interested. October and December are available to book
FESTIVE SEASON GUIDE
FREE OPPORTUNITY – LET US SUPPORT YOU
We are planning on sharing a Festive Season / Christmas-themed guide to our consumer database in mid-November. If you have a product, voucher, special festive season deal, experience, or festive season event you would like to promote, please send the details to us before Tuesday 31st October.