As we move into a new financial year, we hope you have had time to reflect on the past 12 months, whilst also planning for the next 12 month with some clear goals and plans for your business. We look forward to hearing your plans and supporting you, so please drop us a line if you have anything you would like to share.
A number of marketing and editorial opportunities are already well in motion. Keep reading below to learn more about the following:
- Planning is underway for the spring / summer edition of Daylesford Macedon Life magazine, which will be distributed over the weekend 7-8 October.
- After a hugely successful inaugural edition, the second edition of our Eat & Drink Guide is open for bookings, expressions of interest information can be found below.
- We’ve had some great PR wins – including a segment on Weekend Sunrise and articles in The Urban List, Weekend Australian and The Saturday Age.
- We’ve also had multiple media visits across the region.
- The Tasty Little Touring Map has been delivered to the office, swing past and grab one or message Catherine at to organise pick-up/drop off.
- July consumer EDM spots are open and will be sent to our database next Thursday 27th July
The DMT team
2023/2024 MEDIA KIT
The 2023/2024 Media Kit can now be viewed online. It includes the following:
- The benefits of partnering with DMT
- Details of our brand pillars and visitor personas
- Details and costings of our various marketing opportunities over the coming 12 months – these include;
Get in touch with Annissa to discuss the best options for your business over the next year. Learn how you can take advantage of our monthly direct debit option by developing a yearly marketing plan with DMT.
We’ve had some great PR wins over the past month – with various businesses across the region appearing in print, online and on television.
Mount Monument appeared in the Weekend Australian’s “The Hot 50” food list. This annual list profiles the hottest food destinations around the country. The article appeared in print and online.
Daylesford and Hepburn Springs featured on Weekend Sunrise as the ideal ‘winter getaway’ with footage showcasing dining, food and spa experiences available.
Black Cat Truffles featured in an article in The Saturday Age titled ‘Six of the best winter day trips from Melbourne.’ It appeared in print and online.
The Urban List have created a ‘Guide to Daylesford‘ profiling where to eat, drink and stay. It includes a reel with chef and food writer Rosheen Kaul which was filmed at Bar Merenda.
We’ve also secured and coordinated multiple famils over the past month, with writers from the following publications visiting the region:
Traveller (The Age and Sydney Morning Herald)
The Canberra Times
DAYLESFORD MACEDON LIFE MAGAZINE
As always the magazine has been well received by consumers and we had a record number of new sign-ups for our competition, thanks to partnering with Australian Traveller magazine. If you haven’t seen the autumn/winter Daylesford Macedon Life magazine, you can view an online version HERE.ext]
EAT + DRINK GUIDE
Our Eat + Drink Guide takes visitors on a gastronomic journey, helping them plot out a culinary adventure throughout Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges. With the inside word on where to eat and drink in the region, where to pick up local produce and where they can meet producers face to face. Visitors will discover information on classes and experiences, be inspired by engaging interviews with local leaders of the hospitality industry and find out details of what’s in season and when.
This A5 guide is designed to be picked up in region at our many venues and accommodations and distributed widely via a strategic distribution partner. Steve and Annissa are currently working on securing distribution though Melbourne Food and Wine Festival at their hub for the duration of the festival.
Our inaugural edition was hugely successful and is NOW OPEN for advertising, please check the media kit for more details on sizes and pricing.
EDITORIAL CALL OUT
The editorial content for the spring / summer edition of DML mag is well underway. Many thanks to those operators who shared ideas with us. Confirmed stories include the following:
- Pet friendly accommodation
- Affordable activities – what you can do for under $50
- Sustainable travel – a guide to sustainable accommodation, dining and activities in the region
- What’s new in the region – new openings / new offerings / new events
We are also working on updating the content for the Eat & Drink Guide. We are on the hunt for the following content for that:
- Anything new happening in the food and drink space – such as new venues or new producers or anyone doing interesting things in this space.
- Producers or venue using native ingredients.
If you fit any of the above categories, or want to nominate someone who does, please get in touch with our editor Madeleine.
EDM’s (Electronic Direct Mail)
Solus EDM’s are selling fast so if you’re interested let us know what month would suit. Our solus EDM’s are sent to our consumer database of 60k+ and are all about your business. We write the intro, as trusted experts in the region – then you provide the copy of what information you want to share about your business, be that news, deals, events, etc.
We also have spaces available in our monthly consumer EDM’s This is where you are featured alongside other businesses and inspirational stories about the region. The open rate for our electronic newsletters (EDMs) is 33%.
We have spots in our July EDM, which will be sent next Thursday 27 July. Get in touch with Annissa no later than Thursday this week (20 July) to lock in your spot.
EXTEND YOUR REACH MAGAZINE COMPETITION
We are partnering with Sitchu for our extend your reach magazine competition for spring/summer. Sitchu is a premium lifestyle brand with an engaged and affluent national audience. Sitchu will promote the competition to their audience via the following digital activities:
- A branded content article on sitchu.com.au, including home page placement;
- Inclusion in their EDM – shared with their Victorian, NSW and SA subscribers;
- Promotion across their Facebook (10k) and Instagram (64.1k) channels via organic posts and stories;
- Inclusion in Sitchu’s popular ‘What’s on this month guide to Victoria’
The competition will also be shared widely across DMT’s various marketing channels.
- The competition is emailed to our 60k+ DMT subscriber database.
- Shared on Facebook (54k+ followers) and Instagram (24k+) pages – via multiple feed posts.
- Appears on page 3 of the Daylesford Macedon Life magazine (1 million + readership).
The cost is $500 ex GST and a prize.