There has been plenty happening in the marketing world here at DMT, with some great new initiatives in the works. Highlights over the past month include:
- Continual strong growth across our social channels. We also helped some of our partners drive growth across their own channels via our new Instagram Giveaways.
- The spring / summer edition of DML magazine was sent to the printers last week. Make sure you pick up either the The Weekend Australian on 1 October or The Sunday Age on 2 October to get your hands on a copy. It will also be available at various businesses around the region.
- Our autumn / winter mag, which will go to print at the end of March, is already selling quickly.
- We’ve confirmed our distribution partner for the NEW Eat & Drink Guide – read below to find out who.
- Our first Broadsheet content partnership is in motion – with additional stories in the works.
- Work on the 2023 Visitor Guide has commenced, with new distribution plans in place to extend the reach of the guide.
- We also recently hosted 11 members of the Australian Society of Travel Writers at a lunch at Mount Macedon Winery.
Read about all of this and more below.
The DMT team
EAT & DRINK GUIDE
We are excited to confirm that we have locked in delicious. magazine as a distribution partner for our new Eat & Drink guide. delicious. is recognised as Australia’s leading food and lifestyle brand. 17,000 copies of the guide will be inserted in the December / January edition of the magazine.
Our A5 sized Eat & Drink guide will take visitors on a gastronomic journey, helping them plot out a culinary adventure throughout Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges. With the inside word on where to eat and drink in the region, where to pick up local produce and where they can meet producers face to face.
Secure your spot in the guide now – available advertising opportunities include the inside front cover, the inside back, one DPS and a selection of ½ pages and full pages. Or get in touch with Annissa to discuss which option is best for you.
DAYLESFORD MACEDON LIFE MAGAZINE
Bookings are now open for the autumn / winter magazine – which will go to print at the end of March. Don’t miss your opportunity to reach over 1 million readers. We are also in the initial planning stages for editorial. If you have an editorial idea that you think would work will in the mag, please let us know!
BROADSHEET CONTENT PARTNERSHIP
The first of our content partnership pieces with Broadsheet is now in motion, with a Hepburn Springs focused article due to go live in October. We have three other stories planned over the coming financial year.
- A foodies guide to the region
- Top places to stay in the region
- Wineries/distilleries within the Macedon Ranges Wine Region
Each content pieces will be amplified through Broadsheet’s social channels and via their EDM – guaranteeing exposure across a large and engaged audience.
Broadsheet Melbourne stats
- 1,329,426 – monthly website sessions
- 154,371 – email subscribers
- 310,929 – Facebook likes
- 338,936 – Instagram followers
The cost to be involved will be determined by the number of partners that choose to be part of each story. We envisage that each content piece will have a minimum of six and a maximum of eight partners involved. The indicative price to be involved is $3,000+gst.
Click on the relevant button below to express your interest in taking part in one of these digital content partnerships.
Our consumer EDM continues to be a popular and effective marketing tool for our partners. If anyone is interested in reaching our highly engaged database of 76k people, with an average open rate 36.1%, please get in touch. The following spots are currently available.
- September – sent on Thursday 29 September – SOLD OUT
- October – sent on Thursday 27 October – 3 spaces available
- November – sent on Thursday 24 November – 2 spots available
The cost be included is $250 ex GST. First in best dressed – get in touch with Annissa.
GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM AUDIENCE
Our first Instagram Giveaway was a huge success! Those partners who took part in it saw an average of 18% growth in followers. View our post campaign report here.
These are a fantastic option for those looking to grow their Instagram audience, The giveaway incorporates 3 partners giving away 3 prizes over 3 weeks. We have spaces in our March and April giveaways. Details of the opportunity are as follows:
- Provide a prize to the value of $200 (or for a min of 2 people)
- Reach our engaged audience of 21,000+ interactive and targeted Instagram followers
- Runs for 3 weeks on Instagram
- Included in our monthly consumer EDM (78k+ subscribers) outlining the giveaway description with a direct link to the giveaway.
- 1 x Instagram posts with the scope to boost for an extra charge of $100 & 1 x Instagram stories promoting your businesses.
Work has commenced on our 2023 Daylesford Macedon Ranges Visitor Guide, which will be printed and delivered late January. If you haven’t already done so, please book your spot in the guide by completing our submission form. The Visitor Guide booking deadline is 10 October.
Distribution for the 2023 guide will be via both traditional channels and via a NEW digital campaign. As in years’ past, the guide will be distributed via Visitor Information Centres across Melbourne and regional Victoria. It will also be shared in region at café’s, retail outlets, pubs, music venues, spas, hotels, accommodation providers and real estate agents.
This year we will also distribute copies of the guide throughout the Melbourne CBD via Mr Moto at tourist locations such as Melbourne Museum, SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo and the MCG. We’ll also be undertaking a strategic digital download campaign across Facebook and Instagram – encouraging online readership of the guide.
PR initiatives: ASTW Lunch
On Friday 9 September, in partnership with Macedon Ranges Shire Council, we hosted 11 members of the Australian Society of Travel Writers (ASTW) for a lunch at Mount Macedon Winery. The day included a mini tour of Mount Macedon, wine and gin tastings, giveaways, talks and more. We will continue to work closely with each of the attendees with the aim of generating travel related stories of the region.