It has been a busy couple of months here at DMT. Here’s a snapshot of what has been happening.
- We have finished work on our inaugural Eat + Drink guide for the region. We hope you love it as much as we do. Check it out online now and keep an eye out for it within region in the next couple of weeks.
- Bookings for the 2023 Visitor Guide are closed – with the new edition due to hit the shelves in late-January.
- We’ve seen lots of interest in our solus-EDM’s – these are proving to be an effective way of telling your story to a large audience. Limited spaces for these remain.
- Work has commenced on the autumn / winter edition of Daylesford Life Magazine. See below as to what opportunities exist to be included in this much-loved mag.
- We continue to see positive growth across our social channels. We currently have an Instagram Giveaway in motion, in partnership with three local businesses.
- Our first Broadsheet content partnership is now live – with additional content partnerships in development.
- We’ve had a couple of great PR wins too – including a full page feature on the Macedon Ranges in Traveller in The Age.
Read about all of this and more below.
The DMT team
LATEST GROWTH, REACH AND ENGAGEMENT
EAT & DRINK GUIDE
Our inaugural Eat + Drink Guide is now complete! It is currently at the printers and we anticipate that we’ll receive copies in within the next week or so – at which time it will be distributed around the region. In the meantime, check out a copy of the guide online. In addition to being distributed locally, the guide will be inserted in all Victorian copies of the February edition of delicious. magazine. A full page advertisement will also appear in the February edition of delicious. (distributed nationally). encouraging all readers to download a copy of the guide.
DAYLESFORD MACEDON LIFE MAGAZINE
We are currently working on the autumn / winter edition of DML mag. Don’t miss your opportunity to reach over 1 million readers. The following advertising spaces are currently available:
- 8 x business listings
- 4 x 1/3 pages
- 3 x half pages
- 3 x advertorials
- 2 x full pages
- 25th March 42,000 in The Weekend Australian – readership is audited by Roy Morgan in excess of 600,000
- 26th March 89,000 in The Sunday Age – readership is audited by Roy Morgan in excess of 500,000
- The remaining copies are distributed widely throughout areas where our target audience live, this includes drops to over 800 cafés via Mr Moto in inner-suburban Melbourne and Geelong. We also distribute widely throughout Daylesford and the Macedon Ranges, Ballarat and Bendigo regions.
We are also looking for expressions of interest for our seasonal COMPETITION. Not only are you included in the mag – you also gain exposure with multiple posts on our Instagram page and inclusion in our EDM. We’ll also partner with an external outlet to further promote the competition. Get in touch with Annissa if you’re keen to be part of the competition.
EDITORIAL CALL OUT
Have a good story to tell about our region? We are currently planning the content for the autumn / winter edition of DML magazine – and we’d love to hear your ideas! You can write an article yourself, or we can assign someone to write it for you.
TASTY LITTLE TOURING MAP
Work has commenced on the 2023 edition of the Tasty Little Touring Map. Spots are very limited – businesses already on the map get first preference. If you aren’t on the map, share an expression of interest now.
The ‘map sponsor’ is also up for grabs. If you’re interested in this exclusive opportunity, get in touch with Annissa ASAP.
The first of our content partnerships with Broadsheet is now live. ‘A spring guide to Hepburn Springs’ features six Hepburn Springs based operators. The article, which sits within Broadsheet Melbourne’s travel pages was also shared via their EDM, and on Facebook and Instagram. Read the article HERE, feel free to share it too.
We are currently in discussion with both Time Out Melbourne and One Hour Out to develop additional content partnerships. These partnerships will have a mix of written and visual pieces of content. We are still working on prices, deliverables, etc. However if you’re interested in taking part in one of these partnerships please get in touch with Annissa.
2023 VISITOR GUIDE
Bookings have now closed for the 2023 Visitor Guide. Thank you to all of those businesses who booked an advertising space. We are currently finalising the content for the guide and expect to receive the new copies in mid to late-January.
OPTIMISING OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS
We strongly encourage all of our partners to leverage our social channels as much as possible. This can be done by co-hosting an event on Facebook, or by sharing content for use on our Instagram account. We’ve created a mini-guide (see link below) on how to best do this.
One of the most important things to remember is to tag us in your social posts by using the handle @daylesfordmacedonranges. This is far more effective than adding a hashtag. Hashtags are used by the general public, hence we see lots of posts – therefore meaning that partner posts can get lost amongst the noise. However – we do see all posts that tag us using our handle.
Another important thing to remember is that we always preference posts by our partners. If you’re not a DMT partner – however want to leverage our social channels, consider becoming a partner today.
PR & CONTENT INITIATIVES
MACEDON RANGES ‘ONE + ONLY’ FEATURE IN THE AGE TRAVELLER
DMT worked with freelance travel writer Lindy Alexander to secure a one page feature The Age Traveller, which went to print on Saturday 22 October. The article profiled where to stay, what to do and where to eat in the Macedon Ranges. The article also appeared online on the Traveller website. Read the article HERE.
@NATHSWAY VISITS DAYLESFORD & THE MACEDON RANGES
]DMT arranged for content creator and emerging TikTok star @nathsway to visit the region at the end of winter. Nath shared multiple images, reels and stories from his visit across both his Instagram and TikTok accounts. His ‘8 Places to see in Daylesford’ reel on TikTok has been viewed over 200k times. His Instagram stories, covering experiences in both the Macedon Ranges and around Daylesford can be viewed HERE.
WE ARE EXPLORERS – NATURE-BASED CONTENT INITIATIVE
In partnership with Visit Victoria, DMT worked with nature-based content creators, We Are Explorers, to create a video reel and editorial which focuses on the many natural attractions of the region. The video and story are now live and can be viewed HERE. This story will be shared via We Are Explorers channels, in addition to being utilised by Visit Victoria.
DAYLESFORD NAMED ONE OF THE ’50 BEST AUSSIE TOWNS’
Daylesford was ranked number 16 in the ‘Best Aussie Towns’ list pulled together by Australian Traveller mag. The criteria for the top towns included being graciously welcoming, having a thriving community feel and that they generously share with visitors the elements that make them so good. We worked with Australian Traveller to amplify this recognition by sharing advertising opportunities with relevant partners.
CHRISTMAS WRAP-UP CELEBRATION
]We’d like to invite you to wrap up yet another ‘interesting’ year and share a drink, snack, game of Pétanque and a laugh.
When: Monday, December 5th 4-6pm
Where: Daylesford Cider
What: Free drinks, food, games, good company